New Year in Botswana & Cape Town: 28 December 2020 to 6 January 2021- SIGN-UP FEE ONLY
SIGN-UP NOW and secure your spot. As this is a confirmed trip please note that this 1000$ sign-up fee is non-refundable..
Please see below for more information on the payment plan, deadline date for the trip to be confirmed a go (or not), single traveler options, and more. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Please choose the number of people you are signing-up for below. We will then reach out to you (we try to do so within 24 hours) to confirm your spot.
- get paired up with another single and share a room
- get their own single room in Botswana for an additional cost of USD 500.00$. Please note that you may need to share a room in our South Africa hotels.
Due to the limited space at our Botswana camps, we can only accept 2 single bookings in their own single room. Please note that this option incurs the single supplement of 500$ to the trip's cost.
All other singles will be paired with another single of the same gender. When you sign up, you will be put on a waiting list until another single (of the same gender) signs up and becomes your roommate.
Should the trip be confirmed and no other single of the same gender have signed-up, we may be able to offer you a single room, depending on availability. In this case, the single room supplement would go into effect.
- We expect this trip to sell out quickly so ensure your spot on the trip and sign up early by paying the sign-up fee (1000$/person). This trip is 100% confirmed, and as such the sign-up fee is non-refundable. Please see our cancellation policy section below for more information.
- Please note that SINGLES will be put on a waiting list while we wait for another single to book the trip and become your roommate. Once the trip is confirmed, should no other singles sign-up, you may be offered a spot on the trip though with an additional 500$ single supplement fee to cover single room occupation. Please read our single travelers section for more information.
- We do have 2 spots available for singles that desire their own single room in Botswana only. The extra fee for this is 500$. Please read our single travelers section for more information. There is currently no guarantee we can have a single room for you in our South Africa property.
- Following the sign-up fee, we will need a 50% deposit of the remaining balance (minus the sign-up fee) by December 15th, 2019. This payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- At this point, it will be a good time to start looking for your flights. Please see our FAQ for more information about this.
- The remaining balance will be due three (3) months before the trip starting date: September 15th, 2020. This is a good time to ensure your passport still has at least 6 months of validity.
- A month or so before the trip, we will host an online Q&A your tour leaders. This is a great platform to ask any questions that are lingering!
- The countdown begins! We're getting close now, the perfect time to check that you have your flights, any vaccination you choose to get, and start dreaming of all the animals you'll have the amazing chance to see!
Following the sign-up fee, the remaining balance will be due in 2 installments:
- November 15th, 2019: 50% of remaining balance
- September 15th 2020: final balance. This is non-negotiable. If you do not pay the balance for your trip, your place will be given to another individual and your payments until then will be forfeited.
We can work with you on a payment plan: pay your trip in the usual 2 installments, or opt for several. Contact us to discuss what works best for you!
We currently accept US DOMESTIC BANK TRANSFERS, INTERNATIONAL WIRE TRANSFERS and CREDIT CARDS PAYMENTS. Once you sign-up, we will send you the necessary information for you to make your payment.
EXTRA PAYMENT FEES
Online Bank Payment - US only: also called eCheck or ACH, we do not charge a fee for this, although your bank may do so. Please inquire with them directly.
International Wire Transfer: for those outside of the US. We do not charge any fees for this method, although your bank most likely will. Please inquire with them directly, and do mention that our bank is located in Mauritius, so they can give you the correct fees amount.
Credit card payment: the following fees will be added to the total:
- 2.9% for Visa and MasterCard
- 3.9% for American Express
Subsequent payments (the 50% deposit and final payment) are also non-refundable once made.
Should you need to cancel for any reason, we will offer your spot to the first person(s) on the waiting list. If we are able to fill your spot, we will refund all payments made, minus processing fees. Having said that, do note that there is no guarantee we will be able to fill up your spot.
Arriving late or leaving a trip in progress will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portion of the trip.
This is both a World Vegan Travel and a Botswana requirement. You will need to provide a policy and emergency contact number in order to join the trip. This can be done just prior to the trip's date.
Trip Insurance (ie. covering your flight tickets, luggage, etc.) is definitely recommended as well, but not mandatory.
The itinerary is therefore subject to change, especially if we find an experience that we believe would make the trip even better.
While in Botswana, we will be taking small planes in order to reach our remote bush accommodation. As such, the following luggage restrictions are strictly enforced:
20kg / 44lbs per person (total weight inclusive of luggage and hand luggage/camera equipment)
soft sided luggage, non-rigid bag
max dimensions: 25cm wide x 45cm high x 62cm long (10 inches wide x 18 inches high x 24 inches long)
if your luggage has wheels, please ensure that the frame supporting the wheels at the back is not a rigid/solid frame
If your bags are bigger/heavier than this, they may be left behind in our partner's Maun office. You'll be able to retrieve them later, when we're flying back to Cape Town on day 8.